79.3 per cent of Georgian households have internet access, which is a 3.5 per cent increase compared to the same period of last year.
The share of households with internet access in urban areas increased by 1.8 per cent to 86.1 per cent, while in rural areas it increased by 5.1 per cent and reached 69.9 per cent.
The main reasons of internet use among the 15 years and older population in last 3 months are the following:
- Use of social networks – 96%
- Internet (audio / video) connection – 85.6%
- Read online news / newspapers / magazines -55.4%
- Receiving / sending mail – 53.8%
- Finding information on health issues – 51.7%
- Finding information about goods and services – 38%
- Use of internet banking – 29.8%
- Download software product (except games) – 19.9%
- Job Search / Submit Job Application – 17.4%
The share of households with internet access was highest in Adjara region (89.8%) and in Tbilisi (88.4%).